Happy Friday! I hope you’ve had a wonderful week. It has been super fun around my home town of Steamboat Springs Colorado. The Colorado Classic women’s professional bike race had a start and finish stage here yesterday and I met some of my friends at the event. It was sooooo cool to see all these STRONG women racers. The USA Women’s cycling team took part in the race too so we got to see some of the girls that will be riding in the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo next year! The cool thing about this race is that it is the only professional women’s race in North America. Most of these women have to race overseas for their entire career so they were all so thankful to be racing in the US for once. It is a big step for women’s sports and I’m glad I got to see it happen. I’m in the middle of writing a post about it so I’ll share that next week so you can see what it was like.
Enough about me, what are you doing this weekend? Hit reply and tell me, I love to hear from you. Hopefully you are getting outside and getting active 😉
For Today’s newsletter, I wanted to give you a little something. I created a free two week jump start program to help you get motivated to work out or try something new.
The 2 Week Jump start program includes:
- FREE easy-to-use app with all your workouts and workout descriptions.
- An initial prep week filled with key information about the 2-week program .
- Two full weeks with super-fun workouts and cardio activities.
- Just fill out the short form on the website and you’ll get a link to download my app and boom, you’re good to go.
- Remember to have fun with it!
Coming This Fall
1. September Shape Up:
This will be a 30 day intermediate level group challenge through the app that is going to be super fun!!! This will be an amazing group of women completing the challenge together, holding each other accountable and motivating each other along the way. I’m so excited!!!
The 2 Week Jumpstart would be a good place to get warmed up for the challenge. #YOUVEGOTTHIS!!!
2. A free weight loss course The course will be more in-depth than simple print outs you may have gotten. The course will show you step by step how to start your weight loss journey and will be completely free. My goal is to help 12,000 women in the next 12 months to lose at least 5 lbs and/or start a consistent workout routine. I think I’ll have this done in September be on the lookout for more on the course.
3. On the blog: More of my clients favorite workouts and more recipes! Yay!
Be on the lookout for all these free health and wellness resources made for women just like you.
Sharing some of my faves from the week from around the web.
1. Nutrient Density: Not All Calories Are Created Equal
This one is from Triathlete.com but has some great information for all levels of athletes: “Lay off the calorie-counting and focus on nutrients instead. You’ll likely enjoy more satiety, less inflammation, and better recovery.”
2. Lifting Weights Helps Ease Anxiety and Depression
This one is from Outsideonline.com and it was the most popular post over the last 2 weeks. I seem to have hit a cord on this one. We all struggle at times and it is well documented that working out can help us through some hard times: “It’s not just running. Two new studies confirm that weightlifting provides a similar boost to mental health.”
Read More on OutsideOnline.com
Recipe of the week:
Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) with Lemon-Garlic Spicy Shrimp
Doesn’t this look yummy! Click here to see the easy recipe and try it this weekend.
See Recipe on SuperChicaFitness.com
Special discounts and promos for Super Chica Friends:
Jillian Michaels is giving my readers a free 7 day trial of her app so give it a try if you don’t want to try my jump start program:Start your 7-Day Free Trial with the Jillian Michaels personalized fitness app. Available on iOS and Android.
Thank you so much for being a part of Super Chica Fitness. My biggest hope is that I can help you along your fitness journey and whatever it is you want to accomplish, I want to help and I am glad you are here.
Email me if you have any questions! Have a great weekend.
Happy Happy Friday!
PS. You can do anything you set your mind to!
Affiliate Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Jillian Michaels. If you click the link and sign up I will get a small commission at no cost to you. These links help support the blog and I really do appreciate your support!